Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Softball and Goodies

Today was a fun day. All morning I was making various pastries for our day of softball. We got together with some friends to play some softball down in Alamogordo. It's been a long time since I played softball, it was fun getting back into it. You know me though, I had just as much fun making the goodies for after the game. We had a little BBQ and goodies after the game. I made brownies with a pudding/cool whip on top. I usually put bananas in the topping, but they didn't look very good by the time we got down there. I also made an old standby, Reese's peanut butter bars. It's a bar that has peanut butter, graham crackers, butter and confection sugar. Then the topping is just chocolate chips and a little more peanut butter melted. Then finally I made a tart. A strawberry tart. A beautiful strawberry tart...And man did it taste good! It was a pie crust in a tart pan. Then it had a thin layer of chocolate and then it had a layer of cream cheese, whipping cream, and confection sugar. Then came the strawberries...It was probably one of the prettiest desserts I've ever made. Turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself.

The tart was a recipe I found on the Taste of Home website and the others were pretty basic ones I've made over the years from family recipes. If anyone would like a recipe, just let me know. This was probably our funnest part of 4th of July weekend, what was yours?

4 comments:

Sue said...

The Reese's peanut butter bars sound awesome. I would love that recipe. The tart really did look pretty, it looked like a picture out of a magazine.

Sue said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
steffernini said...

everything she makes looks like it comes from taste of home

enestvmel said...

Thanks guys! Sue, I'll email it to you. They are awesome! I have hooked the whole squad of hotshots on that dessert alone...